Life Pacific College Partnership
ERCC has partnered with Life Pacific College (LPC) to provide counseling services to students. It is important for individuals who are preparing for vocational ministry to address certain areas of their life in order to be able to live a life that is congruent with their calling. ERCC offices are located directly across the street from LPC.
Some of the services provided to LPC students include the following:
- Academic Probation Support: When students underperform academically, it is often the result of situations that have occurred preventing the student from doing his or her best work. Therefore, counselors meet with students both in a small group setting and individually to help them address the issues surrounding their academic challenges. Students will also learn skills such as time management, organization, as well as how to stay motivated and career development.
- Life Challenges: Students who have a diagnosed learning disability are assigned to a counselor who meets with them on a regular basis to ensure that they are able to perform according to educational standards. Students are involved in designing a special accommodation plan for each class they are taking. In addition, low cost educational testing may be available to students, depending on staff availability.
- Personal Counseling: Students and/or faculty and staff are encouraged to seek out a counselor to discuss any mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or adjustment issues. Students are also offered counseling to deal with previous abuse issues, or current addictions. Students are not charged a fee for counseling and faculty and staff receive a discounted rate.
- Couples Counseling: ERCC therapists provide relationship, pre-marital, and marital counseling services to LPC students.
- Groups: Students have the opportunity to attend a variety of support and special interest groups at no cost.